Menu
greensmith580
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports and movies website not working using mac

Hi all,

Im trying to log into the sky sports website using my virgin login and it keeps saying i have a silver light storage issue, after clicking continue i get an error message reading [t:6038 / c:4110].

Im using a mac using OSX El Capitan (10.11), latest version of safari and silverlight. 

I thought it was an issue with my software, but after a friend lent me there sky go login i found that the sky go player works on the "go.sky.com" website. As soon as i try and use my virgin login or his sky login on the sky sports website i get the error messages again. 

Virgins technical requirement for the sky sports website for mac says its only supported up to 10.10 (Yosemite) but the sky help team said its supported up to 10.11 (El Capitan)

I personally think the sky go website which works for me using my friends login must be a different software version of sky go and hence different compatibility to the sky sports website 

Its very frustrating and i can't be the only one with this issue. Any help will be muchly appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports and movies website not working using mac

Hi greensmith580,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face getting involved in the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're not having much luck accessing Sky Sports via your own log in or your friends. 

Usually this sort of error is down to the Cookies on a MAC. Make sure these are set to Always Allow. This should then allow you to stream. 

If it doesn't delete Silverlight from your MAC and then re-download the latest version of it. 

This should then get things working for you again Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out