cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't watch recordings on tv go on laptop

Dingledoodie
On our wavelength

I can watch recorded shows on my Google Pixel 7 mobile phone via the Virgin TV Go app. So why not on my Windows 11 laptop???

If SKY can provide a fully functioning 'on the go' product without rights and restrictions issues, why can't Virgin? And why's it not an issue on my mobile phone, but it is on my laptop?

Like @kjdobinson, I don't see the point of the TV Go product, if you can't watch your recordings on the device in which you have the TV Go product open.

TV Go is obviously a contentious product as the internet is full of people complaining of various issues with it (registering devices, live TV not working, recorded shows unplayable, etc. It's very obviously second rate software. Maybe contact SKY for some advice on fixes rather than putting out a product that isn't fit for purpose!

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Dingledoodie, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please remember you can have up to 5 devices on TVGO.

What type of programmes are you trying to watch on the laptop?

Some programmes won't work as it requires you to use there catch up service for example of you wanted to watch EastEnders on catch up it wouldn't work you would need to watch the reply on the iPlayer. This is down to licensing. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I think I made it perfectly clear in my comment what I was trying to watch on my laptop. Had you read it properly you'd know that I was trying to watch RECORDED programmes.

As previously explained, I'm able to watch such programmes on my Google Pixel 7 phone via the TVGo app but the same programme won't play on my laptop. Only the "Watch on TV" option is available which essentially makes the app redundant and unfit for purpose.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dingledoodie

Thank you for your reply 😊
I am so sorry to hear you are having issues watching on your laptop. When you select a recorded program is there an error on the page at all or does it freeze? If you have a screenshot of this so we can see what you are seeing, this would help a lot so we can get an idea of the issues you are facing. Are you able to watch live or on-demand via TV Go on your laptop at all?
Please keep us posted. 
Zoie