Menu
leskerr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Number of device changes - confused.

I'm a little confused... I understood you could add devices up to the limit (2) and then have one change per month.

So when I tried to use Anywhere, and it told me my device wasn't registered, I went to the manage devices section to add it.

I was on my Dell windows tablet; the devices manager showed DellTab registered and one device free. I was a little confused at this point on why it wanted the device re-registered - but it turned out the first registration was on my old Dell tablet.

Anyway, I added my new Dell tablet, and a couple of days later wanted to watch something on my desktop. Fine, I'll remove the old Dell tablet registration, and add the desktop. However, when I went to do so, I was informed that I had no changes available for the month.

Why is this? Does the addition of the second device count towards changes in the month.

Confused.les

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number of device changes - confused.

Hi Les, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been unable to add a second device after using up your change. 

The very first month you use TV Anywhere you get 3 changes. This enables you to add 2 devices and then make a change. On the second month, the device changes are reset to 1 per month. 

As you have already added a device this month, this classes as a change. 

I have added a change for you to use to register your second device but in order to do so, you must first free up a slot. To do this, using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how it goes.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos