Menu
flipflop104
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Managing my TiVo Box Remotely

Hi I'm going on holiday soon and last time my TiVo filled up and recorded some shows over some that I would have rather it hadn't. So I want to be able to check my TiVo every day and choose which ones to delete myself so that it continues to record the more important ones. I'm just trying to access the TiVo now (via Smasung Galaxy S4 phone - I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which I will be taking on holiday with me) while I'm still in the country and when I go to "My Shows" on TV Anywhere app, I get the following message: "Information for this screen is unavailable, because your Virgin Media box cannot be found on this network. Check you box and network connections, then try again" What am I doing wrong? Obviously I'm not on my home network now as I'm testing it and I want to be able to manage my TiVo when I'm away (and won't be on my home network then either) Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
PaulG
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Managing my TiVo Box Remotely

Hi,

Your issue sounds like it's related to this post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Issues-Accessing-TV-Anywhere/td-p/2871598

Works for VM. Posts are my own opinion.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Managing my TiVo Box Remotely

Hi flipflop104

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that your unable to manage your recordings due to an error message of TiVo® cannot be found on the network.

When you get chance check to see if Network Remote is selected within the TiVo® options. To do this go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network Remote Control, then choose ‘Allow network-based remote controls’ and follow the on-screen instructions. 

I tried this on my Samsung phone, when I go into the settings it shows that my TiVo® box is the correct selected DVR, then towards the top I have My Shows. Once I go into this I can select my programmes and delete what I need to.

Try this and let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos