Menu
Wocker35
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mac and Silverlight issues

I switched to MAC from windows approx 18 months ago, and like many it took me several months to find out that I could not sign in to TV anywhere. I have suffered this issue for approx just over 1 year. I have spoken to the Virgin team on numerous occasions and I think totalling 20 hrs plus. They have taken over my PC on more times than I can recall to find a solution. Not one person from their support team have solved the issue. The issue being getting to the Sky site and logging into the Virgin Media button, and them the error message saying there is a problem with Silverlight. I have read hundreds of of post on solutions and non worked. TODAY I found a snippet of info that I tried. SUCCESS AT LAST you don't realise how cheese off i am I didn't try it before. Now it may not work for you but hey after a year for me it just might save you ages of disappointment. RIGHT = remove all evidence of Silverlight from your MAC (everything even in your bin) download FIREFOX as a browser and then re-download Silverlight - I downloaded Silverlight 5. Restart your PC, log into Virginmedia account VIA FIREFOX NOT SAFARI, open your TV anywhere and do as you previously did to get to the sky site and you hopefully will have achieved it.  Good Luck 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac and Silverlight issues

Hi Wocker35

Welcome to the community

I apologise for the issues you had with not being able to sign in through the Sky site for this length of time.

I'm glad you have managed to resolve this issue by re-installing Silver light completely.

If you do have any further issues, please get back in touch.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos