Menu
motel
Up to speed
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Device could not be detected

This problem from the past is happening again. Same exact problem in both IE and Firefox. Is this a widespread problem? It's simply not good enough.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device could not be detected

Hi motel, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your device is no longer being detected. 

Since the last time this was working for you, have you updated anything such as the OS or the browsers? 

When going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings, is your device still showing as being registered there? If so, delete it so the slot is freed up for you. 

I would start by using 1 of the browsers. Make sure you're running the latest version and there are no updates to be run. Delete Flash and re-download to ensure you are running the latest version. Clear the cache, cookies and browsing history. Make sure your cookies are set to Always too.

Go back to anywhere.virginmedia.com and sign in as normal. Go to the On Now section and select Channel 4 to attempt streaming. Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos