Menu
MrHairy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit

This problem is now 2 weeks old and still no news other than we are looking in to it, might I suggest you recover from a back up, windows did not issue an update that changed this, it is something Vrigin has done. Anyhow its a new month so I can register my PC as a new device for today, which I did only to find there is an error and I cant watch anything any way, so no doubt I will log in tomorrow with a device limit reached message again and wont be able to change. This is very disappointing to say the least.

How are you determining that this device is no longer registered, what keys / IP / MAC are you using as it would appear your database is corrupt.

Will I at least get an email confirming there is a fix? For now I will leave this broken service alone as the hassle in changing devices constantly then ringing up to explain my issue to get the devices reset is becoming tedious and time consuming.

Hopefully hear from you shortly with a resolution.

Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Limit

Hi MrHairy, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've still not been able to log in and register your device since this fault. 

It has been resolved for a week or so now but another change would need to be added for you to register the device. 

I have gone in to the account today and done this so you now have 1 change to use. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos