Menu
cajx2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't register a device

I am using IE11 and am trying to register a PC. Each time I click register and enter a name and then click confirm register, an IE pop up comes up and says "name: This value should not be blank". I have reloaded IE, rebooted and tried all sorts of different names without spaces, with numbers, different lengths etc.

I rang support for help. All they could tell me is that TV Anywhere doesn't work on PCs....Only on laptops or devices, which doesn't sound right.

Any clues? 

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't register a device

Once again, VM support have lied to you to get you off the phone.

It absolutely does work on PC or Mac, so long as you don't use Chrome as your browser.

Of course, I use the word "work" loosely; it stalls, buffers, skips & repeats all the time, so even when it is "working" it's a genuinely frustrating watch.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't register a device

Hi cajx2

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to register your PC. AS Crockret mentioned it does work on a PC, and I apologise that you were told differently.

As long as your PC is either Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 it will work. Internet Explorer needs to be version 9 or higher and Adobe Flash Player 11.4 or higher. If you have these requirements on the PC then it should work fine.

If you sign into your account, on the right under My Profile click on Device Settings. This will show you the devices registered for TV Anywhere use. I can see that there is one device showing is that the one your having the issues with?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos