Menu
chris14
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

web safe

i stopped being a virgin media customer in july last year.....one month later they introduced web safe , which I never had . AND yes it comes across my screen mostly after 8pm and stops me at times from even accessing the news !!!!!!! ive phone virgin media 5 (five ) and they agreed with everything I said (eventually) but said nothing they can do , NOTHING !!!!!!!!!

so can anyone tell me how I can rid myself from it and no I cant access my old account

pleeeeeeeeaseeeeee !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: web safe

Weird one. A) Websafe is not time based - it is always on if you have it switched on. B) since you're no longer a Virgin Media customer the VM DNS servers shouldn't be accessible by you. More over, your devices should be obtaining the DNS from your current provider's hub/router.

Either way, change the DNS settings on your device away from Virgin Media DNS (194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100) back to AUTO. And that will stop websafe coming up. +Add: if you were a DSL customer: login to the router you kept after moving away from Virgin Media and change the DNS setting in it away from Virgin Media's to the DNS your current ISP uses.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos