Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (217 Views)

Website blocking

I would like to block certain sites but unlike other Broadband providers, we don't seem to have this feature with the Virgin SuperHub router. Is this correct? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (183 Views)

Re: Website blocking

Hello Bird106,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I don't believe the Hub 3 has the feature to block certain website or words I'm afraid. I think the only way to have this facility is to manage the individual device with some sort of software or to use a 3rd party router.

Really sorry about this,

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Community elder
Message 3 of 5 (174 Views)

the hub 1 had that option., the improved hub 2 and the even more improved hub 3 don't have it.

you can do it at device level by changing to open dns and using a free account with them to set custom blocks. that is what I do to block annoying click bait from taboola etc in new stories. you can also choose to block any from about 30 preset categories

https://signup.opendns.com/homefree/

Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5 (165 Views)

[ Edited ]

When it works, Web Safe does this however the suggestion of OpenDNS (FamilyShield) maybe a more appropriate and reliable choice provided you are comfortable with their terms and conditions, and privacy policy; take note that (AFAIK) Virgin Media's routers have fixed DNS entries so if you wish to use an alternative DNS (like OpenDNS) a separate router will be required or each device's DNS entry will need to be manually configured.

Superuser
Message 5 of 5 (139 Views)

Asus routers have URL (website), keyword and Service (IP, port and protocol) blocking.

0 Kudos