Menu
SW5K
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Restricting device access to specific times

Hi

I am trying to work out how to restrict device access to wifi to specific times for my 5 children. I have tried following the online youtube tutorial but it seems the interface to my virginmedia router is different to that shown on the video...ive tried following the video instructions with my own available options but no luck! Can anyone shed light on how I do this?

What I basically want is, for example, my sons iPhone to not be able to access wifi from 10pm - 7am, and from, say, 6pm-8pm.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Restricting device access to specific times

If you have one of the black Super hubs then the answer is here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Controlling-Teens-Time-on-Wifi-Parental-Con...

If you have the new white hub 3.0 then I have seen a few posts that say it is currently not possible.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos