Menu
harvey_r88
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

upload speed none existant

Hey everybody, I struggling with my new hub 3.0. there was a fault in my area yesterday, lost all connectivity, check on the virgin website and the fault had cleared the next day, did a speed test and found that i was getting 200+Mbps but my upload is 0.08Mbps. 

Im not sure if you router was updating at the time as the internet symbol was lit green and flashing..... 

I haven't had a upload of more than 0.3Mbps since then, is there any way i can force a firmware download/install? Or is there anyone who knows a fix?

CS say there is nothing wrong with my connection and have tested it and they can't explain why this is happening, no traffic management in the area or any other reason for the issue. 

If anyone can offer any help that would be great as i really require a decent upload speed! 

Thanks Harvey r 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: upload speed none existant

Hi Harvey R,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the upload speeds.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too high and for this I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Otherwise the traffic on the network for downstream/upstream is running low, which is good. Do you get these upload speeds at all times of the day? Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos