Menu
1bit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

slow upload caused by new tenants streaming

Hi

we have 2 new tenants (a couple) who like to game online, (we are in a shared house of 10 people BTW on a 100/6 connection) ever since they have moved in and started gaming the downloading/streaming has all but come to a stop

I just tried speaking to them but felt intimidated and they reckon they have "their streaming cap at 2Mbps"  thats 2Mbps for 2 people and 4Mbps for 8....doesnt seem fair and i dont believe them

I do have access to the router though and wonder if there was anything on that would allow me to set a QoS on their connection

Ive text the landlady twice who hasnt (and doesnt reply, unless you withold your rent!)

Ive even told her she is entitled to a free upgrade

HELP!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow upload caused by new tenants streaming

Hey 1bit,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

This sounds like an awkward situation that you're in! There are a few options we could explore. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can keep in touch.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow upload caused by new tenants streaming

10 people on a connection sounds horrible, especially with streamers. You would want that upload alone to a streamer.

Hope heather has given you some decent options because otherwise that's an awful situation to be in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos