Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2 (54 Views)

reason for this speed?

Hello

virginmedia speed!!.jpgEvery evening I get this speed and it is really starting to get on my nerves. It is causing problems everytime I try to do anything on the internet, especially gaming.

My speed is 200mbs and although I do understand and accept that it may drop a little during the evening this is just not acceptable as it does cost me a lot of money a month to have Virgin media.

I have a cat 7 ethernet cable and I have tried a few different ones so I know it is not that causing the problem. My modem is the Superhub 2.

So my question is what is the reason for this annoying speed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2 (28 Views)

Re: reason for this speed?

Well I don't want to say it but seems like Virgin Media may have over sold services in your area and you are suffering from the dreaded over utilisation which VM class as a fault lol.

Anyway please post your hubs stats and wait a week for a forum staff member to take a look and most likely issue you with the usual nonsense review date followed by another and another and another you get the picture.

If indeed this is a utilisation issue RUN run very fast because you will wait 2 / 3 years perhaps longer for any kind of fix just look at my thread details below I have waited for 2 years and 4 months so far and I am still waiting.

Oh and if you do have the utilisation issue make sure if you stay that you get bill credits for the inconvenience won't be much but it kind of takes the sting out of it all a little.

And if you want a quick reply you are better off calling them up.

Good luck and I hope for your benefit it's not the usual utilisation issues.

<SIG>

Currently enjoying my over sold over utilised Virgin Media Vivid 200 gamer package that achieves 15/20 meg during peak times now that's superfast lol.

Just look how poor my BQM monitor is, but Virgin Media simply do not care...

My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

SEE MY ONGOING THREAD HERE

Area 04 Rowley Regis B65 high utilisation fault ticket F004670584 

Fault reported 09th December 2014
Fault ticket raised January 2015
Deferred to May 2015

Deferred to 12th August 2015
Deferred to 14th October 2015
Deferred to 4th November 2015
Deferred to mid April 2016
Deferred to 06th of July 2016
Deferred to 31st September 2016
Deferred to 30th 
November 2016
Deferred to 
15th February 2017
Deferred to 12th July 2017 
Deferred to 20th September 2017

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE THIS IS.

2 YEARS and counting.

How can any company get away with such long fix times is beyond me and I myself would never treat my customers in such a poor way.

CMTS card upgrades completed 7th April 2017 old was Cadant now Cisco
Upgraded to 20 downstream channels completed 18th October 2016 
Upgraded to 16 downstream channels August 2016 (From 8)
F004332353 High Utilisation closed on August 1st 2016 - 
Fault reference F003508309 ticket was closed in ERROR!!!!!!
 -

0 Kudos