Menu
ticketmaster0
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 129
Flag for a moderator

eBay website timing out - eBay are blaming Virgin.

Since Friday lunch time I have had problems accessing various eBay pages. This is occurring to many members as can be seen on eBay's FaceBook page and DownDetector.

Alan at eBay head office (who writes on the Power Seller forum) has said that these issues are only happening to Virgin Media customers and that we should contact you to resolve this.

I get timeout messages frequently. If pages do load (which they do 10% of the time) they are extremely slow. The problem has been coming and going - one minute it is fine and the next it does not work at all.

Please can you look into this as a matter of urgency.

taylor21
Tuning in
Message 2 of 129
Flag for a moderator

Re: eBay website timing out - eBay are blaming Virgin.

I am having the same problem. The last couple of weekends I have had problems with e-mail and now this. I don't know enough about the Internet to know if Ebay are just passing the buck or if it is Virginmedia

0 Kudos
chrissbryson
Tuning in
Message 3 of 129
Flag for a moderator

Same here, since yesterday morning. Most of the time I cannot log in to ebay.

Viewing the site generally seems fine, but try to log in and pay for something or sell something and the old 'Page not found' appears.

Cant get any work on ebay done.

0 Kudos
ticketmaster0
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 129
Flag for a moderator

BT Infinity customers are apparently not experiencing problems so I believe it is down to Virgin.

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 5 of 129
Flag for a moderator

In my humble opinion, I cannot see it being Virgin ... BUT perhaps of you having a bottleneck on your computer.

However, if you can do a tracert to www.ebay.co.uk and post the results here, it will help show where the connection is failing

0 Kudos
ticketmaster0
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 129
Flag for a moderator

andyju wrote:

In my humble opinion, I cannot see it being Virgin ... me perhaps of you having a bottleneck on your computer.

However, if you can do a tracert to www.ebay.co.uk and post the results here, it will help show where the connection is failing

How does that explain problems from loads of other members? All of whom are with Virgin...

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 7 of 129
Flag for a moderator

Show me the "lots of other members" ?

I said, in my opinion, that I doubt it would be virgin.

I then offered to help you fault find, but if you don't want to try, then you will have to wait for an official word from the virgin forum team in a couple of days time (who "may" say the same thing I have)
0 Kudos
ticketmaster0
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 129
Flag for a moderator

Go on DownDetector...go on eBay forums...go on FaceBook...you can see plenty of people are experiencing problems.

Here is just one of the many threads from eBay:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/My-Ebay-not-loading-AGAIN/m-p/4401636#U4401636

2 people have even replied on here within minutes of me posting.

Here is a quote from eBay (from a guy who replies on the Power Seller forum you can only access as a Power Seller):

"The reason I asked is that our Customer Service team today have received a number of contacts reporting similar. Each member when asked, was with Virgin Media. In all reports we received, the members no longer experienced the issue when they used a different internet connection; such as switching to a mobile network connection. Additionally, this issue is not reproducible by us here at eBay.

Given the above, we advise members to contact Virgin Media in order to address this issue."

I have tried everything to find the fault and nothing works.

0 Kudos
chrissbryson
Tuning in
Message 9 of 129
Flag for a moderator

You can trace it to the site but that works fine, its when you go to log in.

0 Kudos
ticketmaster0
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 129
Flag for a moderator

chrissbryson wrote:

You can trace it to the site but that works fine, its when you go to log in.

Exactly.

0 Kudos