Menu
ShootistUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You have to smile

confusing.png

I have been seeing this on my homepage for over a month and it has always made me smile the 'Look out for it between January 2017 and January 2017'. Well it is now February and still no sign of an update in speed. Nothing makes you want to recommend VM less than giving us typically wrong information that really makes no sense anyway.

Richard

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: You have to smile

You don't want it, as soon as your area gets the increase and everyone starts using it your area will be oversubscribed and speeds will drop.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The upgrades don't really give over utilization as it's not headline speeds that cause that, but actual bandwidth usages (which are typically much lower than headline speeds)

You get some uplift in bandwidth usage from the people maxing their connection already, going to a bigger package, but that's likely causing an issue already, which is why the upgrades get delayed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ShootistUK,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you keep seeing the banner mentioned the speed upgrades for you area but haven't received it yet, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested your connection from here to see what's happening and I noticed that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We are planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is 

F004209323 and is currently scheduled for review around the end of March.

We thank you for your patience with regards to this matter, one of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information for you, in order to make their job a little easier I'll need to confirm some security information with you. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed. Please respond to me there.

With the regards to the speed boost, as soon as these network capacity upgrades are completed then you will receive the boost, otherwise if you receive the boost first it would do more harm than good to your connection.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos