cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vpn throttling

Anths79
Tuning in
Hey guys I have an account with a vpn provider and on my 160mb line I never get above 20mb. I have tried at another house with different internet provider and it is fine there. I have checked firewall settings on router and enabled pptp etc.

Is virgin throttling vpn?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Private internet access. I have tried all ports that they use. Even tried ipvanish which was even slower.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

39 REPLIES 39

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anths79 wrote:
Hey guys I have an account with a vpn provider and on my 160mb line I never get above 20mb. I have tried at another house with different internet provider and it is fine there. I have checked firewall settings on router and enabled pptp etc.

Is virgin throttling vpn?

Nope My VPN isn't throttled, what speed do you get without the VPN?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I get 160mb.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What protocol are you using to connect to the VPN?

Openvpn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using TCP port 443.

Who is your provider?

Private internet access. I have tried all ports that they use. Even tried ipvanish which was even slower.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Private Internet Access also and don't see that specific issue. Try the Hub in modem mode with a direct Ethernet and see what happens then encase its the router doing it.

To put in modem mode is this done within router settings? I seen modem written on back of router is this where I put ethernet cable at bottom?

What speeds are you getting with and without vpn? Did you change any settings in router?

Hello.

I tried vpn in modem mode on router and got 27mb download speed. I just tried going through the superhub again and i got 22mb so not much of a difference. Bestie can you try pia London uk server and tell me what your speed is?