Menu
voicon
Up to speed
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 speed issues

Hi All

I seem to have the same problem as many others now, speed issues on my vivid 200. It is slow almost every evening with speeds around 14-50mb at most, it is fine throughout the day. I have been on chat and reported the issue, they sent an engineer out who said he would get the local cabinets checked,  I also called and was told there was a cabinet issue that needed to be resolved and would be in a few hours, that was yesterday, the person on the phone also couldn't see a note for the engineers to check cabinets and the engineer said all was fine!

Too late to call them now but it is slow again this evening and everyone at VM I speak to doesn't want to acknowledge the fact this is evenings only, have they been told to just ignore that so it doesn't look like over subscription?

Poor service from VM, luckily I only have a few months left on my contract and now have FTTC in my area, I know it a drop in speed but at least I will get what I paid for....

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 speed issues

Fine again this morning, not a surprise though.

I'm area 25.

BTW, is this a scouts forum, "you've earned your first reply badge" i understand showing active helpful users but really!

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tonight's speed test, been 200mb throughout the day....

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Signed up to Vivid 200 and its been worse than my previous package so far
0 Kudos
kevinV
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the wonderful world of guess the download speed.  Vivid 200 is a joke at the best of times but as long as 10% of the customer base gets those speeds they can quote it in their advertising.  They are now trying to entice gullible idiots with Vivid300 for gamers.  Also vivid 200 users should at least get the latest hub3 technology and all that c.ap about docsis 3 technology.

0 Kudos
Gopher04
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Dont forget guys if your connection is below 40% of your paid connection speed VM are failing as your provider, they must atleast give you 40% of your speed, and if not complain to CISAS and go for compensation.

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

On chat again tonight to get an update, "We found a fault in your area and it will be resolved by 9pm" guess what a speed test shows now...

What a surprise...

I also notice that some people here get a response within 4 hours and others have to wait days/weeks!

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How many times can a company get it wrong, promises of fixes that don't appear, trying to chat today and keep getting a message saying chat is available from 8am to 8pm, guess what it is! I was given a credit on my account last night for the issues, checked my bill this morning and they have added it on not given as a discount!

Frustrating!!!!!

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tonight's speed test for evidence....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi voicon,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've run a diagnostic on your account and I can see an issue with your channel SNR that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos