Menu
tomstokes
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Very slow broadband, false promises, bad customer service...

Anyone else finding Virgin Broadband very disappointing?

They promised 70mbps speed a long time ago and yet I still get speeds of 25mps and can hardly play a 2min video!!

I've been told that too many people use Virgin in my area causing slow speeds. So the more popular they get the slower the performance?!!

The online chat is basically useless. Whenever there is actually someone available to chat I get an error message saying try later.

The monthly rental cost keeps creeping up and up and I'm wondering if there's any point staying with this company.

Does have any good tips about how to get help and faster speeds?

Or has anyone left Virgin and found a better service?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow broadband, false promises, bad customer service...

Hi tomstokes, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your broadband speeds being slow. I apologise for any inconvenience caused, I'll do my best to get this resolved for you.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that both of your upstream power levels are too high and will need to be looked at by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

I look forward to hearing from you, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos