Menu
SirRichardBrans
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM broadband (and customer support) is a disgrace

Apologies in advance for the long post.

I've been with VM for eight years now and for the first seven years, the service was flawless. I NEVER had a problem. However, in the past year or so my speeds have been dropping to 0.5-2mb in the evenings or just completely cutting out. Every time I phone up tech support they say there is a service fault and that they will have it fixed in the next week or so. Then the same thing happens again in a couple of weeks. This has happened time and time again and it's got to the point where I count myself extremely lucky to be getting more than 2mb.

After getting fed up of this I ended up speaking to a manager at customer complaints who basically told me that there is nothing they can do and if I didn't like it I should cancel my contract and move on to another provider.

So I did. I've cancelled my contract and my connection will be terminated on the 3rd of December.

Now yesterday my connection completely cut out again around 10pm. So I called up tech support (for what seems like the 50th time) who told me that because I have a pending termination my broadband has been cut off. The tech support guy told me I have to speak to the customer contracts department and only they can sort it out. After being put through to them I was told that there was no problem with my contract and that tech support should have been able to solve the issue. So he offered to put me through to a manager (Jenna, Gemma?) and after being on hold for a while the phone was picked up but nobody answered, I could only hear people chatting and laughing. After a while the phone was put down and I was transferred back to the switchboard. I then tried to get through to the contracts departament asking for the manager but each time (about 10 times if not more - no exaggeration) I was transferred to a different person/departament/location who were no help whatsoever.

This is absolutely SHOCKING. Not only do VM not deliver on their speeds outlined in the contract but also fail to help through their call centres. What the hell are we paying them for? After doing some reading on the forums I can see that this is not just me and that this experience is pretty universal. How are they getting away with this type of thing? How has the service completely gone down the gutter lately? I thought Virgin was supposed to be a solid company?

I am never using another Virgin service again, whatever it may be. And if you've had a similar experience to me, I urge you to do the same.

All the best

D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM broadband (and customer support) is a disgrace

Morning D,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to read about the issue you are having with the broadband connection and the experiencing of calling through to us. This is not something we like to hear.

I would like to help further and check your account for more information in regards to this, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos