Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speeds

I have recently signed up to the 100MB download speed internet package. I have been checking my speeds over the last couple of days via wired connection and i have been getting speeds of 5/10MBs which is obviously not the speeds i am expecting with paying for up to 100mb. 

The Download speeds have been so bad tonight that it has taken an hour and a half so far with 40 mins still remaining. to download a small update file for an online game, which resulted in me ringing the support team. They told me there is an issue in the area which is affecting the speeds and then also mentioned peak times (I wasn't aware 10pm was a peak time) and high utilisation. These are exactly the same things they used to tell my mum when she was on virgin media. 

I understand that i wont get 100MB speed all of the time but i don't expect to be getting less than 10% that i pay for.

Please can somebody help with this issue as if i am not getting the speeds i pay for i don't see what the point is, of being on this package. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible speeds

Hi Martyn1989,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F003525877). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 19th April 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos