Menu
Highlighted
Dafadau
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speeds every evening and all day Fri, Sat, Sun

For around a month now I'm getting terrible speeds on my 200Mb broadband, every single evening and all day on Fri, Sat, and Sun - we're talking 1 to 2 Mbs. 

I've called customer support, and each time they say there's some kind of fault in the area... but this never seems to get resolved, and the speeds are consistently terrible at the exact same times every week.

I've been with Virgin for 12 years, and for the first time I'm genuinely considering leaving over the awful customer support and these consistent speed issues.

Area reference 21

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible speeds every evening and all day Fri, Sat, Sun

Hi Daradau,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking into this, there has been work completed in regards to the high peak time traffic fault and your cable has been moved onto a different cable.

Have you noticed an improvement with the broadband speeds at all?

Kind regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dafadau
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

There's been an improvement yesterday evening, and I'll test fully whilst working from home tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Dafadau
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So. Back to terrible speeds; can barely get 5Mbps. 

This is just awful. I really don't want to leave after more than 11 years with Virgin, but this just isn't sustainable for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dafadau,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're still struggling with your connection speeds.

What speeds are you getting at the moment on and off peak when tested with a cable?

Please get back to us so we can monitor this together.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dafadau
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Off peak I'm getting around 40 Mbs, and at peak times I'm down to 1Mbs again. This is terrible service!

0 Kudos
Dafadau
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

't Re: Terrible speeds every evening and all day Fri, Sat, Sun

This is still ridiculous. 1Mbs tonight. Can't game, can't browse - what exactly am I paying for??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 't Re: Terrible speeds every evening and all day Fri, Sat, Sun

Hi Dafadau, 

Thank you for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a further look and fault ref F005272229 for slow speeds at peak times is still ongoing, (current review date is 27/09/2017) but only seems to account for the downstream, which actually look ok. The upstreams however look like they could use some attention. I have popped the details across to Networks to have this investigated. Once I hear back from them I will be able to advise further. 

I can also see your modem SNR is too low. I would like to get an engineer out to take a further look at this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 't Re: Terrible speeds every evening and all day Fri, Sat, Sun

Hi Dafadau, 

Just a quick update fault ref F005272229 has been updated to reflect the upstream issues with slow speeds and the current review date remains at  27/09/2017. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update on this for you. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos