Menu
Bry800
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Broadband connection

Hi, I'm having huge issues with my broadband which I have only had for 2 weeks. It constantly drops off completely, and is unusable in the evening. We have to end up using 4G on our phones. We cannot use any streaming services that we are paying for. Having looked at previous posts, this looks to be a common complaint and virgin use the excuse that there is high demand in the area and they are looking to fix this and give a "best endeavours" date that they never meet. I see people who have been having these issues for over 8 months and are still tied into their contract even though they are not getting the service they are paying for.

My post code is in EH14. I need my broadband for business as well as pleasure. Please can you tell me if there is an issue in my area (as the person on the phone at Virgin confirmed to me). When I asked when there was to be a fix, they could not tell me and told me that I would receive a text within 30 mins telling when the fix would be made..........this has not happened.

Please.......just tell me and other Virgin Broadband customers straight.......can you provide the service that we are paying for? If not, i will have to leave and I will deam the contract null and void.

Shocked that I have the worst internet connection in the 18 years I have had home internet
0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Broadband connection

It does sound like the same story that echoes around these forums more and more, VM remind of a dodgy car sales man that i bought my first car off.. I was ripped off then too..

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Broadband connection

Hi Bry800, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your connection dropping off completely, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I have tested things from here and I can see that both of your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too low and will require an engineer to attend in order to get this resolved.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos