Menu
SourGoat
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds <10Mbps during peak times

Over the past few months I've noticed that the broadband in my flat drops down to around 5Mpbs during peak times, which between a flat of 3 renders the internet almost uselesss. From webpages taking minutes to load, not being able to stream content via BBC iPlayer and just general cut outs and loss of service completely. 

I've tried restarting the router, changing the wireless settings, monitoring connections and everything. I'm connected via a wired connection straight to the hub, and what makes it worse my flatmate connected only via the wifi has better connections than me!

We're paying for a Super 70 connection(I believe, the letting group handles the actual account) and yet I almost never see anywhere near this. The evenings is nearly the only time I can use the internet and I can't game or even watch a tv show, rendering my evenings empty and useless.

Is this due to over subscription in the Area? (Ealing W3). Or along with the service outages, is there a bigger underlying issue?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds <10Mbps during peak times

Hey SourGoat,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing. I'm sorry to confirm that we do have a fault in your area. The fault ref is: F004893750 and it's going to be reviewed on the 12th April. This fault is responsible for causing slow speeds, especially during peak time hours (evenings and weekends) and to resolve this we need to undertake upgrades on the network.

I completely understand this is frustrating, please accept my apologies and let me know if you've got any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos