Menu
mojouk1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds in area 20

I'm paying for the 70mbps service and often have issues with speeds as low as 3 or 4mbps making it impossible to use for the intention i pay for it. On calling the support number i have been told they are working in my area since April and the work will continue until December 21st. There is no mention of this work anywhere on the site so it leads me to believe they are trying to hide this exceptionally long repair work from customers in the area. They have offered compensation in the form of a discount but i'm sure this will be no more than £5 of the bill for each month i've been affected by these outages and slow service. A few weeks after I first had Virgin fiber installed there was a problem eventually traced to a junction box outside my address which took a week to fix, not a good sign of things to come. If this continues i will be tempted to go back to sky or try BT's equivalent service. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds in area 20

Hey there mojouk1,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to read that you're affected by an area fault, I know how frustrating this can be.

I can see we're working on fault: F003632511 which is due for review on the 21/12.

The discount on your bill will be rolling until this date and can be reapply if the review date changes.

Please keep in touch with us for updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos