Menu
afernando
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet peak times, AL3 St albans area

Hello

I am experiencing slow internet speeds on my 100mb (£36 a month) connection. From the hours of 7pm until 11pm you can almost grantee the connection will be between 2-6mb. This has been happening now for over 6 months. Yet nobody can ever tell me why. This is when my family use the internet the most. 

I have spent over £40 on my phone bill trying to contact virgin media and get it resolved. I have done countless tests, reconfiguration, router replacements. But nothing seems to resolve the issue. 

Basically, Can virgin media stop throttling my connection when I need it most. I am paying for a service I AM NOT RECEIVING. Getting very annoyed with having to report issues and nothing ever gets done. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet peak times, AL3 St albans area

Hi afernando, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your peak time slow seeds. I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F004960877 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of March.

Thanks for your patience with this matter, one of my colleagues will be in touch with more information.

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos