Menu
Mark667
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow evening speed Portsmouth Area

Dear Virgin,

I have now been complaining for months about my internet speed in the evenings. I live in Gosport near Portsmouth.

Since I re-contracted my service back in July 2016 the evening internet speed has been getting slower and slower. I will get around 1.3Mbs to 2.2Mbs most evenings for about the last 6 months but during the day around 40Mbs.

Now I'm told the network is being upgraded to which the completion date gets put back month by month, this was to be Dec 20th 2016 now I'm told this to be 18th Jan 2017.

I pay around £36 a month on junk. If I went standard broadband with a BT alternative this would be around £5 a month subject to line rental and I would get 6Mbs.

So my question is when will the work be done and why should I pay £36 a month for it. This is 2017 not 1917

I will call them on 19th of Jan 2017 and if this has been pushed back again I will terminate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow evening speed Portsmouth Area

Hey Mark667,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing.

I've just taken a look at your connection and I can see fault: F003817285 is still on-going, the current review date is the 1st March.

I completely understand this is frustrating, please accept my apologies and let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos