Menu
Jeeves1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband at peak times, was told it would be fixed in early May.

This is a repost as i forgot about my previous post from a month ago :/

My Vivid200 internet has not been living up to its hyped performance. Whilst I get almost 50mbps at 7:00AM, at 7:00PM, I get this: http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6377854724.png

The real problem is, when I play games, specifically Counter Strike, my ping varies heavily between 20 and 300ms, and sometimes peaks at 500ms. This is unplayable and has made me a more irritable person. As a result, 4 months ago, after trying for 3 weeks, I got into a live chat with customer support. I was told it would be fixed on May the 10th. I look it up around April and this is fixes to the TV service, as if that would help the issues.

If I'm spending £80 for 200mbps, I do expect at least near to that number, and not a hundred+ times slower. Help ASAP would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Also, this is directly through ethernet.

Mod Edit: an image you uploaded to the forum has been rejected in our approval process due to it containing personal information (your WAN IP address). Please feel free to edit the image and upload it again.

1cfdcdecf78d68ed37a61bbf54ca943e

ca3abdeeb6b2b9739e0962d35d9bf8bf

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband at peak times, was told it would be fixed in early May.

Hi there Jeeves1,

I appreciate you posting back on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003395649 and has a review date of 3rd January 2018. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

I can see you mentioned you achieve 50 Mbps at 7:00am, is this speed test completed through a wireless connection? If so, can you can through wired please to see if there is a difference?

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos