Menu
irritatedvmuser
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems in Area 3 - KT9

Hi all,

I've had a search and can't find anything recently posted about this, but i apologise in advance if this has actually been covered elsewhere and i've missed it.

I've just signed up for yet another year with VM, and as of that day (Wednesday), broadband speeds have been intolerably slow.  Was promised a minimum of 150mbps by the chap who renewed.  Was also sent a SuperHub3 as part of the deal. From that point, the internet has been achieving speeds of between 0 and 7mpbs wired and wireless.

Calls to virgin tell me that it's a 'network issue' and will be fixed in February.  Nothing on service status page. Broadband test page says 'it'll be fixed in 10 mins'. 

So is anyone else in area 3 (I'm KT9), experiencing issues and if they are, can someone shed more light on what they are rather than 'network issue'.  Being inside my calling off period still, i've got a good mind to tell Virgin where to stick it and give my money to *shudder* Murdoch.

I know this is a first world problem, but its ridiculously irritating to keep being fobbed off by virgin.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems in Area 3 - KT9

Hi irritatedvmuser, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent speed test with your Hub running in modem mode connected directly via ethernet cable to the computer running in safe mode with networking and post the results here for us to see.

Also, how are you connecting wired or wireless?

Do the slow speeds issues occur at all times of day or just specific times?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos