Menu
RFJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pay for 100mb/s - get 5 (or less)

I've been with Virgin Media in the Bournemouth/ Poole area since it was Nynex, and generally had good service with broadband speeds coming in as advertised.

I'm paying for a 100mb/s service and until late last year I was getting a fairly stable 90 - 100 mb/s.

In November I noticed the speed getting slower, until last week Speedtest gave me a reading of 5 - 600kb/s (that's around half a megabit/second - or 1/200th of what I'm paying for). I called 150 and spoke to support who assured me that it would be fixed by April (didn't say which year though).

Tonight I was getting a flaky 5mb/s down and a nice solid 6 up. This looks to me as though contention ratios are through the roof and the infrastructure isn't there to support what's being sold.

How would Virgin feel if all of us who are affected paid for the actual percentage of the speed we're supposed to get! I know that the sppeds are advertised as 'up to', but there has to be a line drawn at a sensible point.

Come on Virgin - a goodly amount of compensation is due along with a nice portion of humble pie for you. Stop advertising speeds that you can't deliver.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay for 100mb/s - get 5 (or less)

Hi RFJ,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see the network issue you've been advised about (F004970124). I'm really sorry about this, I understand how frustrating this can be.

I've also run a diagnostic on your equipment and picked up an issue with your Downstream Power levels. I'd like to send a technician to adjust this for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out