Menu
foamcow
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Not seeing improvement after speed upgrade

Hi

I was on 70Mbps Broadband for a long time and getting those speeds according to speedtest.net

Recently I have made some changes to my VM package which included a speed upgrade to the 150Mbps service. However I'm still not really getting much of an improvement over my older service.

I'm getting a rock solid 75-79Mbps but it's still nowhere near the 150Mbps advertised. Which makes me think it wasn't really worth the upgrade.

I'm pretty sure my setup isn't to blame but I thought I'd post here in case anyone can point at an issue there before I begin trying to get some settlement with Virgin Media.

I'm using a VM Superhub v1 in modem only mode with a TP-Link Archer C9 router. I've tested both Gigabit wired and AC wireless connections and get about the same speed with both.

Is there a way I can test further to determine whether or not the bottleneck is on my side or, as I strongly feel, on VM's side of the Modem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not seeing improvement after speed upgrade

Hi foamcow,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read there has been no improvement in speeds since the upgrade.

In regards to this issue, I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some additional information.

Look forward to hearing from you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos