Menu
tomrhooper
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Major download speed loss (up to 98%) over the last month

Hi everyone,

Having been a happy VM customer for the past six months (and for almost two years prior to that at my old address), I've recently found myself having major issues with my download speed.

I'm on VIVID 200. I've never actually hit 200Mb. In fact, I'm fairly certain the infrastructure on my street is the same as it was when 152Mb was the top package, and that 'up to 200Mb' is just one of those marketing half-truths, but whatever, I'm happy with what I get. Like everyone else, my speeds are lower during peak times, but I've pretty much always found myself somewhere between 120Mb and 152Mb.

Over the past month or so, however, I've noticed a general slowdown of everything from gaming to streaming, which prompted me to run regular speed tests, and I've found myself maxing out at about 20Mb download during non-peak hours, and going as slow as 5Mb during peak times.

Upload speeds are unaffected and have always remained stable at around 15Mb.

I know the issue isn't to do with any of my devices because they work perfectly well on other connections. I'm completely clean of viruses, I've reset my router multiple times. I've done everything I could think of and everything Google has suggested and I'm stuck, so I'm posting here to see if anyone can help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major download speed loss (up to 98%) over the last month

Hi tomrhooper,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

With the speed tests you have completed, are they through a wired or wireless connection?

If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos