Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2 (47 Views)

Internet Speeds

Hi,

I've been emailing Virgin for some time now, looking for answers regarding the speed of my broadband- it's simply too poor. I was told engineers would look into fault F004609317, with the review date of 15/02/17, fantastic- until I received a message informing me how the fault now has a review date of 28/06/17, bare in mind this ''isn't a fix date, this is merely for us to see IF the area (20) warrants fixing at all''. Virgin have tried to appease me with 'credits' applied to my account. Whilst I've been appreciative of the gesture, I'm still a customer paying for an absolutely useless service (it's been a struggle loading this forum).  

I'm seeking understanding as to how a review date can be so prolonged? At this point I'd rather turn to another ISP which is a shame- the only thing 'super-fast' is the seemingly excellent community/staff that frequent these forums.

Thanks

Forum Team
Message 2 of 2 (20 Views)

Re: Internet Speeds

Hi DanChamney,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your speeds.

The technicians are working to upgrade the network in your area to accommodate the increased demand for services. This kind of work happens in stages and there are many different factors involved in getting the work completed.

The review dates serve as markers for the different stages of the work. This will vary from area to area depending on the scale of the work that needs to be done.

I understand this is frustrating and I apologise for the trouble this has caused you.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos