Menu
R888BYT
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet Speed Slows to a standstill after 5pm

Good morning,

I am currently paying for up to 200mbps and have been achieving very good speeds including occassionally up to 200mbps for the last 18 months. I'd say the average is abou 90mbps. However, suddenly on 12th Jan at around 7pm the speed cut right out and I recieved 1-3mbps for the remainder of the evening. Yesterday I recieved between 90-200mbps for most of the day but at 5pm on the dot the speed cut right out again to 1-3mbps. A nice technician did various tests over the phone on 12th however was unable to solve and therefore an engineer is due to attend Weds 18th Jan.

I am very concerned after reading some of the threads that there is in fact an inherent fault / undercapacity in the line which may now take months to resolve?

I'd be very grateful of someone from Virgin can check and confirm.

Please DM me for me account details.

Many thanks

Rob
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speed Slows to a standstill after 5pm

Hi R888BYT,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and there's no issues with the network in your area, so that's good news! You're experiencing issues with your connection because your power levels are out of spec. When the technician goes out, he'll adjust these levels which should resolve your issue.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you get any trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos