Menu
satori101
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow speeds seemingly at random

I have been with virgin for about 2 months now, and ever since we first moved in we have been having massive speed dropouts (2-10mbps down from 200mbps) pretty much daily. 

We've already had 2 different virgin hubs and currently have a 3rd party router and none of them have made a difference. We've also had an engineer round who just happened to come at a time when we were having no internet problems so he couldn't find the problem.

The wifi is shared between 6 people but the speed decreases even if only 1 of us is home. This makes me think the area is a "high utilisation" area or something. 

Also weirdly, upload is completely unaffected.

Is there anything I can do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow speeds seemingly at random

Hello satori101,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to see that you're getting slow speeds right now, I know it's inconvenient.

I've just checked your connection from our end and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F004884946 which is due for review on the 29th March.

This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I do apologise for this, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos