Menu
Dan94UK
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Evening speeds atrocious - East Anglia

Hi all

Last night I was watching YouTube videos, when I noticed the videos were blurry and audio was behind. I reset my SuperHub2 and tried again. Same issue. I then downloaded "SpeedTest" and ran it. I think my package is 50mbs, but know I won't get this all the time. My results were as follows:

Ping - 239ms (What the F?)

Download - 0.65mbs

Upload - 2.38mbs

No wonder its crap, I thought! Kept trying to reset router etc, but eventually gave up.

Woke up this morning and thought I'll run a test again and see what happens. Results much better:

Ping - 51ms

Download - 28.72mbs

Upload - 8.43mbs

Get home again tonight and run a test...

Ping - 24ms

Download - 1.17mbs

Upload - 2.03mbs

Like seriously? What the actual hell? I don't think its a local problem as Grandad parents 3 miles away and absolutely fine, same with a friend who's exactly a mile away.

I am on a football forum though, and others are experiencing problems as far as Ireland, same problem as me; only in the evenings.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've looked on the location status checker for Virgin Media but theres nothing for my area. I know they limit people at peak times like evenings and weekends, but come on? This is ridiculous

Please help.

Kind regards

Dan 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Evening speeds atrocious - East Anglia

Hiya Dan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the network and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which can cause slow speeds/high pings. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003978992 and has a review date of 1st March 2017.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos