Menu
ccwisaway
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Evening slow speeds

I have had it with this poxy company. Like thousands of others of you on this site, every evening my speeds drop from the promised 50MBPS to less than one. And frequently nothing at all. I am told there is a fault on the network, and over utilisation is the key, and that the technical team are prioritising it and I will even get a compensation payment and if the same thing happens next month I will get more compensation. Well, Virgin, I dont care about the money. I simply want you to give me what I pay for - working, reliable broadband. As there is no prospect of that actually happening in the short term, I will go somewhere else. I do realise nobody from Virgin reads all this stuff - I just needed to vent

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I hate Virgin

Hi ccwisaway, 

Thank you for letting us know that your 50Mbps broadband speeds drop to less than 1Mbps, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is F004975943 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the end of April.

Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, I will need to pass this onto the relevant team who will be in touch with some more information for you, in order to do this I will need to confirm a few security details with you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos