Menu
wyldstallyns
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Do I need to do anything to get my speed upgrade or is it automatic?

My Account page says:

"Your speed boost is on the way…

To find out more, contact our team on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or on 0345 454 1111* from any other phone.

*For call costs to our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary."

...however I often see people saying they have to opt in to the speed increase. Is there anything I need to do to get the speed increase? Do i need to ring the number or is it just there to get info?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need to do anything to get my speed upgrade or is it automatic?

Is this the free speed boost?  I wouldn't get too excited.  I had the 'Your speed boost is on the way ...' with an anticipated window e.g.  between January and June 2015 displaying on My Account page for well over a year.  They kept changing the date window putting it back several months each time.

Eventually I saw it change to 'Your speed boost is ready' or some such message and I got a confirmation email and a couple of days later another email saying I had my boost ... except I hadn't.   Doh!

I ended up having to phone VM who checked and said someone had forgotten to set up a new configuration for my Super Hub.  Fortunately they were able to do it there and then and all I had to do was turn of the hub for a couple of minutes and when I turned it back on I had gone from the 50mbps service to the 70mbps.  Just recently they have changed everyone's configs again so that now I am on a 80.5mbps service.

I suspect that if you phone them up now they will just try and sell you a more expensive package.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos