Menu
mitchy_7780
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Constant Slow Broadband Speeds

Hi, I'm hoping someone can be of assistance..... it is my first post on here so please be gentle!! I seem to suffer from terrible download speeds during peak times. For instance just this evening i don't think my download speed has topped 15Mbps and the lowest it's been is 5Mbps. Considering we have subscribed to the 70Mbps service i don't think this is living up to the speeds we envisaged although i'm not silly and i do realise there is contention but even so i would still be expecting 40-50Mbps..... is that a fair assumption? This is on a desktop PC with a wired connection straight into the router. We have (my partner) have contacted Virgin Support before and some settings are changed (not sure what) and the router is restarted which seems to improve speeds for a short period of time before gradually sloping back down to the levels above. We have tried restarting the router on a number of occasions ourselves but it doesn't seem to make much difference in all honesty. I really hope someone can help!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Slow Broadband Speeds

Hi mitchy_7780, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tried to test things from here for you, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. I will need some information from you in order to proceed with diagnostics.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos