Menu
TycoonStocks
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband started stuttering. Why? Is it permanent? Fixable?

My broadband has started to stutter. The line drops - then reconnects automatically after say 5 secs. Only broadband is affected. Phone is Ok. TV is ok. I have the 100Mb broadband package. I have been with Vigin Media about 8 months. Up until now, broadband speed has been consistently good - Speedtest shows 92.7Mb download and 6.2Mb upload.

I use my broadband mainly to access the stockmarket during the day and evening. I'm online a lot but my data usage is not high. I guess 300-500Mb.  I am not downloading Gigabytes of films.

Q1. So why is has my broadband connection started to stutter? It is very annoying and interupts my trades.

Q2. Is stuttering now a permanent feature of the VM service?

Q3. Can stuttering be fixed?

I see many people get stuttering problems. If the stuttering continues, I will terminate my contract at the end of the contract. I've never had this problem before.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband started stuttering. Why? Is it permanent? Fixable?

Hi TycoonStocks,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004982427). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 19th April 2017.

This doesn't match the intermittency of the fault you've described so I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and picked up an issue with your Upstream Power levels. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos