Menu
Julief1141
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband, more like Snoreband - 5mbs on 150Mbs service (CH44 area)

Afternoon all,

On Sunday just gone we had a BB & TV outage in our area, service was restored at some point in the early hours of the morning - since then our BB speeds have dropped to about 5% of the advertised 150Mbs between the hours of 5pm & midnight.

Just rang the help desk again following another brief loss of BB and was told these issues are caused by an on-going utilisation issue in the area, ok when are these going to be resolved.... June 28th..... Sorry did you mean March.... No June 28th, but that's 3 months away, yes they have to lay new cables!

Is that right????? Firstly why am I and the 700 users in my area (Yes the kind chap told me that's how many people are utilising the service in my area) paying for a service I/we can't get for a 3rd of the day and secondly how can Virgin get away with taking 3 months to resolve a problem in an area without informing the people in that area.....Didn't see that advertised on your email 'Service Updates'.

Can you provide any information on the above please?

Thanks

Julie

0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband, more like Snoreband - 5mbs on 150Mbs service (CH44 area)

I think you'll find that June is a review date - not a fix date - these issues go on for years ... search round the forum to see.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband, more like Snoreband - 5mbs on 150Mbs service (CH44 area)

Evening Julief1141,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds due to a fault in your area.

I've taken a look at the fault ticket (F004347370) and the review date is showing as 28th June as you mentioned. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth. This can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

If there is anything else we can check for you, by all means let us know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos