Menu
Sellstromi
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed and Customer Service

There has been an issue with our Broadband for over a week now. I have not complained as I thought 'they'll fix it shortly'. Unfortunately that is not the case.

I have logged into my account, carried out a service status test and - yep. There is still a problem.

Virgin solution is to call 150. Tried that and got an automated message telling me there is a problem. I know that because my internet keeps crashing.

I know, I'll go on line and contact Virgin. Apart from the option to call the other option is to 'chat live' That will do - oh no. They finish at 8pm. So now what? Answer, go on a community page where hundreds of others have the same frustrations but no-one form Virgin takes the time to deal with the issues.

If anyone is reading this, over recent months you have promised super high speeds whilst you have steadily increased my charges. I am paying £50 a month for this service and it is absolutely rubbish. How do I apply for a refund for sub-standard service?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed & Customer Service

Hello Sellstromi,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear about the connection problems you're getting at the moment, I know it's annoying.

I've checked your connection and I've noticed that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F003910766 which is due for review on the 11th Jan. This type of fault can be accountable for limiting the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to resolve this we need to perform maintenance on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

Please accept my apologies for this, let me know if you need help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos