Menu
Mechanic1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Area 11 FK1 Slow Speed

I have been suffering slow speed in this area since about September 2016. Phoned to complain a few times about it and been refunded monthly charges a couple of times as a good will gesture.

But really Virgin I would rather have the 50mps I am paying for than having to constantly phone your call centre.

I was paying you for 100mps before Christmas but as you can barely get me above 1-3mps even off peak I downgraded.

This week I have been watching it while off work and testing at random times of the day and you are tanking it. only a few times in the mornings have I achieved the desired 40mps.

I have  been with you since the old Telewest days so I am pretty loyal, how about showing me how loyal you are and fixing it. At least be honest if its a fault with over subscribing the area as many on this board seem to say.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 11 FK1 Slow Speed

Hello Mechanic1971,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies that you are having an issue with the broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004016543 and has a review date of 5th April.

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos