Menu
NinjaMeerkat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200mb broadband but only getting 5mb

This is starting to hack me off now. I pay for 200mb broadband but a lot of the evenings i get less than 5mb. I complained a few months back and was told there was a network upgrade in progress in my area and over the last month or so i have had momentary loss of service whilst the upgrade is being completed but it has all been for nothing as my evening speeds are still poor. Tonight i am getting less than 2mb, thats 1% of what i am paying for. Absolutely rediculous.

Paul_G
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb broadband but only getting 5mb

Have had and am still having the same problems as you bud, recently upgraded to the 200mb gamer package and wasn't informed until afterwards that there was maintenance up until 21st December in my area. Really not happy either at the mo as also only seeing between 0 - 2mb. Just downgraded after phoning up but thats not going to make any difference as its not going to fix problem but I'm not paying for something I'm not getting 😡
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi NinjaMeerkat, 

Thank for letting us know that you're on a 200 Mbps connection but only getting around 5 Mbps, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and I promise to do my best in order to resolve this for you.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak times, the reference number for this is F004737575 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the middle of January.

Thanks for your patience, one of my colleagues will be in touch with more information.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

tsumannai
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I the same boat as you and Paul_G bud, 200mb package with really bad speeds. I rang tech,customer service and neither could change anything. Customer relations could not give me a good downgrade price or cancellation.

0 Kudos