Menu
TerrysTanks
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

100mbps connection running at abour 4mbps

Is the a member of VM who can give me a suitable and definitive answer to my question?

I live in Bradford and have enjoyed the 100mbps service for many years without complaint. About 2 months ago I started noticing mega lag during my online gaming in the evenings so did a few random speedchecks and found super high speeds of around 3mbps to 15mbps as opposed to my regular close to 100mbps service.

I have spoken to the helpline a few times now with promises that the service is due to be sorted once and for all but I am never given a fix time or date. VM sent me a new router in the hope that would solve my issues but it made no difference whatsoever.

So....what is wrong and when is it due to be sorted?

ps Just got the message that my speed boost is now complete and I can now get 100mbps. I was told I would be boosted to 150mbps. It would certainly be nice to get even a tenth of these speeds.

Absolute joke.

My online games are unplayable at current Broadband speeds and my frustration is growing daily.

I do not want to change providers but I am seriously considering it. I have even delayed signing my new contract because I am not happy at all with my service.

0 Kudos
Topic63
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mbps connection running at abour 4mbps

Same problem here mate, just been onto the muppets and you get the same old reply and excuses.

i was getting easily 75 to 100Mbs relatively consistently but lately this has dropped to as low as 15mbps - No one can give me a straight answer even though I've been monitoring this since January and have all the records - I'm sure they do it just grind you down until you just give up all hope!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mbps connection running at abour 4mbps

Hi TerrysTanks, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection being slow for around 2 months, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have run a test from here and I can see that both of your upstream power levels are too high, these will definitely be having an effect on your connection and will require an engineer's attendance in order to resolve this.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos