Menu
Fen
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

100mb/s down to 3mb/s during peak times

This was going to be an angry rant but I decided I just want this to be fixed.

This has been around the speed I am getting from 3pm through to midnight every day for several weeks now. Fully wired connection, so no latency issues, we've done countless silly reboots and connection tests via the website and, well, nothing. So, Virgin peeps, tell me if you can figure out the problem and if so how one can fix it. Heres some handy thingamies if that helps.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mb/s down to 3mb/s during peak times

Hi Fen,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004032588 and with a review date of 21st December.

I can see that the speed test result you posted was during off peak hours. Are you able to complete another speed test whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode to see if the speeds differ please? This will eliminate other devices connected.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos