Menu
Libbyjack
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

100mb broadband getting 4mg

I upped my broadband from 30mb to 100mb a while ago and have only ever received the 100mb a few times. Since beginning October we have been getting speeds of 4mb most being 34mb. I called virgin media on 11th October and was not told any faults he did whatever it is they do and the next day we had 100mb. Ever since back to poor speeds. I have called customer services today and told them I want a refund to my account as I am not getting what I have paid for. They advised there is an outage problem but could not explain to me what that meant (some customer service). They put me through to technical team who advise there is an outage problem and this is because there is a high demand for virgin medi in my area basically they cannot cope with demand. I have been told this rubbish before and I spoke with a manager who sorted it out. Conveniently again there was no manager to speak to and they could not give me a date for the fault to be fixed but after putting me on hold she came back and said it would be end of December. This is ludicrous. I said in that case they would not be charging me for broadband until end of December and she said that would not happen. They want the money but not provide the service. I am going to report this to off on and also trading standards as they are advertising speeds and not supplying them. They say the whole of my area will be having the same problems so surely they should be working all the more quicker to sort the issue. I find it surprising that every time they bring out a higher sped internet with a new router your system shuts down and the speeds you were getting you no longer get

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mb broadband getting 4mg

Hi Libbyjack, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to learn about your 100 Mbps broadband only running at 4Mbps, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have had a look over your connection from here and I noticed that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number is F003978903 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of December.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos