cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam call? They have my details what to do.

CustomerHelpME
Joining in

Hi i requested to disconnect my virgin media after dreadfull customer service and poor quality connection. 

The next day i received a call from an 0203 9804396 from VM outbound team. They said they 2nd tier and can offer further discounts they asked all my infomation and secuirty info. They told me to disconnect with my new provider. 

I follwed this up with virgin media today they said we did not call you. Was this a spam? What do i need to do now? Virgin media offered no advise on the call today. Again another reason why im leaving. They are probably worst ever company i have dealt with.

Can anyone within the community help?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It makes sense that you received an outbound retentions call the day after cancellation and it generally sounds legit to me. However it is very weird that you were instructed to cancel your order with the new provider. I'd secure the call recording via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq and share the relevant part of the transcript here. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There are plenty of online reports on that number describing a similar scenario to your own and the general view seems to be it is actually VM outbound retentions calling customers after a customer has cancelled.

Wouldn't read too much into VM not knowing anything about the call when you phoned in to check. VM operates in a general state of chaos with one part of the organisation having little/no idea what another part is doing. Much of the company functions are outsourced to third parties.

You are wise to be wary though. Caller ID is easily spoofed by scammers and VM operatives demanding security information when they call customers is frankly ridiculous.

Why did they say you should cancel your new provider? Was it some claim of a fantastic VM offer only if you did so?

As to what to do next, IMHO I don't think you need to do anything at all (assuming you wish to continue with your cancellation and leave VM and your cancellation remains in place).