Menu
anniemac76
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Randon call

I've just had a call on my landline from someone claiming to be from Virgin Media asking me to answer security questions so that they could offer me rewards and offers linked to my account. When I said that I was uncomfortable giving out information that could be used to access my account as a result of an unsolicited call from someone who's identity I couldn't verify, she was only willing to give me her full name to check with Virgin customer services after I had answered her questions. I have no idea if this was a genuine call or not, but given the extremely high number of fishing scams that are carried out this way, I wasn't willing to take the risk and refused to answer her questions. If Virgin have offers for me, they have my email address and can contact me that way. Just wanted to let people know about the call in case it was a scam.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Randon call

Hi anniemac76,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Depending on your contact preferences, we will from time to time call our customers if we think there is deal that they will benefit from. 

Although I understand where you are coming from in terms of giving information away, we also need to ensure we are complying with data protection and protecting your details too. Due to this we usually ask for 3 different characters of your password. 

We used to ask you for your full password when calling however after listening to feedback from our customers we have changed to only asking for 3 different characters.

If you are unsure and can't be 100% of the caller then the option is always there to have the notes saved on your account and for you to call us back on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Smiley Happy 

I hope I've been able to alleviate some of your concerns Smiley Happy

We're here if you have any further questions.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos