cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphan ntlworld email hacked

Cathjoy
Joining in

We closed our virgin account when we moved house several years ago but have still been able to access the old ntlworld email account. It has now been hacked and as I am now only able to view it I would like to know how to stop this activity. Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Cathjoy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your email address. It is worth noting that once an account has been closed any emails with us would be removed after 90 days though this can take longer. 

I'd be happy to reach out to our IT teams and ask them to delete this email so it can no longer be used. Just let me know if you would like us to arrange this? 

Hi Ashleigh, the account has been closed for 3 years as we are unable to use virgin media where we live now. The old ntlworld email address has been working up until the end of November when it was hacked. Please could you ask the IT team to delete the email address as I am concerned now that it is being used for fraudulent purposes. It is [MOD EDIT: Personal info]

Thank you 

Hi @Cathjoy, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel